Subject: colorwheels
From: Ernie Wright <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 1994 13:35:58 -0700 (MST)

Nir Hermoni wrote:

>  For the last few days I use a copy of the 'Palette' tool from the Prefs
>  drawer to choose object colors. I left it out on the WB, and whenever I
>  need to choose a color I'm not quite sure of, I go there, choose the exact
>  color I want with the convinient color wheel, and then copy the values to
>  the LW color requester.
>
>  Maybe a color wheel in 4.0, Allen? :)

For those who have it, using the WB 3.0 colorwheel is a clever idea,
and including it in LW might be nice.  But the 3.0 WB colorwheel is a
BOOPSI class (gadget type) that requires both 3.0 and AGA, so those of
us not so endowed wouldn't benefit.  Unless...hmm...how about a color
pick plug-in?

The colorwheel in MS-Windows is part of the common dialog package and
can be included in any program with just a few lines of code.  And in
general, I'd hope that LW will rely on existing or third-party work as
much as possible.  No sense in AH sweating over stuff like colorwheels
when there's real work to do.

- Ernie